I. County of Orange
- The Project Sponsors are processing the proposed senior living community with the County.
- The process includes a formal application process whereby the project is reviewed for compliance with the applicable development standards.
- The project application will be routed to many departments within the county for review and input, including engineering, planning, public works, etc. The project will also be reviewed by additional county agencies such as the Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) and the North Tustin Advisory Council (NTAC), to name a few.
- The public process will conclude public meetings and hearings before the County Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
II. CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) Process
- As part of the application process, the project will be reviewed by County staff to determine potential impacts on the environment including the adjacent community.
- An Environmental Impact Report is under preparation and will be released Fall 2009.
- The EIR process will include opportunities for the community to submit comments regarding potential environmental impacts. A public scoping meeting was held on August 11, 2009.
- The EIR will study all potential environmental impacts and will include third party technical studies and reports.
III. Public Hearing Process
- As outlined above, the project will be reviewed in several noticed public hearings.
- NTAC will have the opportunity to provide input both to the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors
- The Board of Supervisors will ultimately vote on the approval of the proposed project
Please be sure to check the Project Schedule within this website for updates on public hearings.